[OT] NNTP client and threading

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 19 09:17:11 PST 2017

On 02/19/2017 02:50 AM, ketmar wrote:
> i usually see little reason to "adapt"
> myself to something if i can write my own thingy.

Ditto to that. Thunderbird (or rather whatever version I've frozen it
at) is the closest match to my needs I've seen so far, but it still irks
the heck out on me on various things. And as for modifying it, meh, well
Mozilla's earned a reputation for being difficult to talk any
user-oriented sense into, and life's too short for a big C++ codebase (I
dunno, maybe they've started switching to Rust? In any case, rather just
use D.) There's a ton of other things I'd like to do my own version of
for similar reasons: Editor, browser, music/media manager, etc. Too much
to do, not enough motivation ;)