Enough D to Make a Living?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 06:24:54 PST 2017

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 07:36:11 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:
> That is a matter of perspective. I, for one, feel other
> languages put too much constraints on, making me work quite
> hard to get what I want expressed in the language, often
> blocking me from the most efficient implementation altogether.

What I meant was that what was things along the line of:
best-practice in the past for meta-programming is no longer the
best way to go about it today, yet C++ remains backwards
compatible so... as a result you end up having N ways of
expressing the same thing. Which makes C++ harder to read than it
should be.

It is not so much about being able to express something as it is
about having N different convoluted ways to express the same
thing.

> Which is precisely why it is not a good language to start with
> unless you intend to stick with it.

At this point C++ is a very poor choice for education at any
level.

Ola.