If you needed any more evidence that memory safety is the future...

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 22:59:16 PST 2017

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1139

A buffer overflow bug caused heartblead 2.0 for hundreds of
thousands of sites. Here we are 57 years after ALGOL 60 which had
bounds checking, and we're still dealing with bugs from C's
massive mistake.

This is something that valgrind could have easily picked up, but
the devs just didn't use it for some reason. Runtime checking of
this stuff is important, so please, don't disable safety checks
with DMD if you're dealing with personal info.

If you use a site on this list
https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare and you're not
using two factor auth, please change your password ASAP.