code.dlang.org major outage

Eugene Wissner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Feb 24 01:01:43 PST 2017

On Friday, 24 February 2017 at 08:50:12 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Am 24.02.2017 um 01:46 schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
>> Am 23.02.2017 um 23:55 schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
>>> The virtual server that is running code.dlang.org has frozen
>>> about an
>>> hour ago and fails to boot further than to the bootloader.
>>> Initial
>>> attempts to recover from within Grub have failed and it's
>>> unclear what
>>> the root cause is. I will instead set up a replacement server
>>> with the
>>> latest backup from 20 hours ago as soon as it becomes
>>> available.
>>>
>>> It's really about time to install a permanent backup server
>>> to keep the
>>> registry available in such cases. I will try my best to
>>> allocate time to
>>> make this happen, but I'm severely constrained currently and
>>> any helping
>>> hand would make a big difference. What needs to be
>>> implemented is a mode
>>> for the DUB registry [1] that works without the userman
>>> database and
>>> instead just polls code.dlang.org for changes (may also
>>> require some new
>>> REST API end points to be able to acquire all needed data).
>>>
>>> [1]: https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/
>>
>> The system is estimated to be back up at 9:00 UTC (1:00 PST)
>> (AM).
>
> Running again now. Minor outages are still expected while the
> rest of the system is set up.

travis fails:

$ source "$(CURL_USER_AGENT="$CURL_USER_AGENT" bash install.sh
dmd-2.072.1 --activate)"

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Failed to download 'http://code.dlang.org/download/LATEST'

/home/travis/build.sh: line 62: : No such file or directory

http://code.dlang.org/download/ is empty.