If you needed any more evidence that memory safety is the future...

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 25 19:54:54 PST 2017

On 02/24/2017 12:47 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> The elephant in the room is that the recent craze surrounding the
> "cloud" has conveniently collected large numbers of online services
> under a small number of umbrellas, thereby greatly expanding the impact
> of any bug that occurs in the umbrella.  Instead of a nasty bug that
> impacts merely one or two domains, we now have a nasty bug that
> singlehandedly affects 4 *million* domains.  Way to go, "cloud"
> technology!

Indeed. The big original *point* of what became the internet, and why
the internet got as successful as it did, was decentralization. The past
decade or so of recentralization is a shame, to say the least. But I
suppose it was inevitable: Now that corporations are involved, corporate
interests are involved, and corporate motivator #1 is "control as much
of the territory as you can: size == profit".