Voting for std.experimental.checkedint

rumbu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 26 01:41:46 PST 2017

On Saturday, 25 February 2017 at 15:21:10 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 02/25/2017 10:17 AM, rumbu wrote:
>> A lot of bloat code for something extremely basic.
>
> If you can do it with less code, I'm all ears. Thanks! -- Andrei

This was not about coding skills, was about usability. The module
contains too many options and failure scenarios instead of a
simple default behavior.

Considering that in most languages with integrated overflow
checking, the default behavior is throwing some kind of exception
(Ada, C#, Pascal, Rust, Swift), this one must be at least
highlighted at the top of the documentation.