Of the use of unpredictableSeed

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 26 17:14:40 PST 2017

On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 00:10:31 UTC, cym13 wrote:

> The only thing that saves you here is that your
> DefaultCryptoRand isn't seedable. Note that I'm not saying that
> to bash you or anything, it just happens to show well why I
> think my article was necessary.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm very much in favor of your article,
ESPECIALLY if people are using the phobos rng in security
contexts.

Keep in mind though, if my Hash_DRBG implementation were
seedable, it wouldn't be a valid implementation of Hash_DRBG
anyway. (A good example, I think, of why we coders shouldn't be
inventing crypto algorithms, only implementing establised ones
created and well-studied by the math/crypto experts.)