opDispatch forwarding and ifti

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 27 05:17:21 PST 2017

On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 12:22:02 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 12:14:10 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>> Has anyone ever found a way to actually implement forwarding
>> properly with opDispatch, such that it works for both general
>> templates and also functions called using ifti (implicit
>> function template instantiation)?
>>

> What is your actual usecase ?

I'm trying to make std.typecons.Proxy support more things
correctly (e.g. template members, members that are aliases of
types). I thought that was clear from the rest of my post.

> You are aware that your trying to mix an runtime and a
> compile-time feature, yes ?

Not quite sure what you mean there. What is a runtime feature
here?

> If it can be done then you will have to use CTFE and aliasSeqOf.

The problem isn't with generating code (unless there's some very
involved exhaustive solution I haven't thought of). How would you
imagine I would use CTFE or aliasSeqOf to help here?