Notes for DLang maintainers

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 28 08:03:33 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 14:52:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Thanks. I'd replace "changes should be split into as many
> commits as is reasonable" with "changes should be split into as
> many pull requests as is reasonable", which is a natural
> consequence of "most pull requests should consist of one commit
> upon merging". (Of course there may be several commits during
> PR review.)
>
> One vs. several commits per merged pull request is a matter in
> which reasonable people may disagree, and we can't do both
> ways. The Foundation fosters that github pull requests are
> squashed upon merging, with exceptions that need to be
> justified.
> BTW we should put this in our guidelines, we have
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Contributing_to_Phobos but not an
> equivalent covering all of dlang properties. Is there one?

Not that I would know of.
I started an initial wiki entry (basically a cleaned copy/paste
version of my post):

https://wiki.dlang.org/Guidelines_for_maintainers

@other maintainers: As this seems to be quite useful for
newcomers and semi-regular contributors, please help to extend
this wiki entry (or whenever a question pops up on GH).