dpldocs: xlinking and Documented destructors and postblits

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 28 21:18:59 PST 2017

I stumbled across std.typecons.Unique in my doc website today and
realized there was a postblit in the source, but I didn't display
the documentation comment.

Aghast at my awful bug, I immediately set out to fix it. Behold:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.typecons.RefCounted.html#destructor

Now, mind you, dpldocs remains buggy in a few places. I'm not
happy with how I display the `alias this` for example... but I am
kinda proud that I *do* actually display it. Similarly, the link
in the destructor goes sort of to the right place, but not quite
- it leaves you two clicks short. I'll fix that. But on the other
hand, click through to many of the other things, like the enum
values referenced in the introduction. My generator brings you
right to the enum page, highlighting the specific value!

Similarly, I now display destructors, postblits, alias this, and
disabled default constructors, whether they have ddoc or not. And
if they do, I display it. The user needs to know about those
things, otherwise the code is a mysterious black box!

Contrast to the official docs:
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#.RefCounted
http://dlang.org/library-prerelease/std/typecons/ref_counted.html

I'm actually a bit surprised that the documentation comments
written in that source have NEVER BEFORE been displayed online!
Someone took the effort to write those docs, but the generators
all discarded them.

Y'all maintaining ddoc and ddox should file bugs ;) At the very
least, you should display everything that has explicit ddoc
comments attached!

Or better yet, surrender to me! D is gaining features that ddoc
doesn't even know how to handle.... but I do...