Notes for DLang maintainers

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 28 23:38:31 PST 2017

On 2017-02-28 17:37, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:

> Maybe they should be, but with the basic git interface, or any front-end
> I've seen, they're terribly convoluted. Particularly squashing. Well,
> either that, or the docs are just really, REALLY bad.
>
> There's no reason either one of those operations couldn't/shouldn't be a
> (*simple*) one-line command, and yet, they just...aren't.

When I google "git squash commits", the first hit is this page [1]. That
site basically explains what H. S. Teoh said [2] with some more words
and an example. Next hit is this one [3], which again have the basically
the same command, just with a more fleshed out explanation of how it
works. Not sure where you have been reading.

[1] https://ariejan.net/2011/07/05/git-squash-your-latests-commits-into-one/

[2]
http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.782.1488302816.31550.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

[3]