Databases and the D Standard Library

Adam Wilson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 1 17:55:01 PST 2017

Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 1 January 2017 at 03:24:31 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>> interface(s) to a data-store an essential component of the D Standard
>> Library.
>
> Eh, I count it as would-be-nice just because it isn't that hard to just
> use the C ones, or another third party lib; it doesn't have to be Phobos
> itself.

On that I beg to differ. The C libraries are not @safe, they have wildly
different API's, and they have high-complexity, which is a large
risk-factor for bugs and/or security flaws. Any place where we can

> That said though, a basic db interface is quite simple and would be a
> nice batteries included bit - it is one of the things IMO that PHP did
> quite successfully (even if its interface sucked, it still just worked)

I'll agree that it isn't hard, and I think including it would help boost
D's usability in the web service space.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender