Databases and the D Standard Library

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 2 00:05:45 PST 2017

On 2017-01-01 17:50, Chris Wright wrote:

> Those both limit your ability to use the underlying database to its full
> potential. They offer a chance for queries that seem simple and efficient
> to become horribly inefficient.

I'm perfectly aware of the limitations and capabilities of ORM's. I'm
just saying that making the interface/names different just to make it
different is not a good idea. It should be up to the user to choose if
an ORM is used or not and this interface should try to, as much as
possible, to make it possible to use an ORM just as well as not using an
ORM.

This whole idea seems fail even before it's barely stared. If this idea
is going to work then all the layers need to be designed correctly and
the lower layers should not know anything about the higher layers.

--
/Jacob Carlborg