Databases and the D Standard Library

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 2 00:09:40 PST 2017

On 2017-01-02 02:34, Adam Wilson wrote:

> That was my intention, the knee-jerk reaction that class and interfaces
> get here sometimes strikes me as a bit histrionic sometimes. They are a
> tool with a use case. :)

I think that the design should try to avoid classes as much as possible
for things that will be frequently created. It's always possible to wrap
a struct in a class, the other way around is a bit more difficult. But
when it comes to the connection object I think it's fine to use classes
since it will most likely only be created once per thread.

--
/Jacob Carlborg