What are you planning for 2016?

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 2 01:00:21 PST 2017

On 02/01/2017 9:51 PM, Basile B. wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 12:27:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
>> I wonder what kind of programming people plan or _hope_ to use D for
>> in 2016?
>>
>> Do you have plans to:
>>
>> 1. migrate legacy C++ code bases to D when C++ bindings are final?
>>
>> 2. integrate with numerical solutions like TensorFlow?
>>
>> 3. create web services with vibe.d?
>>
>> 4. run D apps in the cloud?
>>
>> 5. run D apps on mobile?
>>
>> 6. create runtime less programs (games, embedded)?
>>
>> 7. work on the D language/phobos ?
>>
>> 8. or something else?
>>

>> What other languages do you think you will use or toy with in 2016 and
>> for what purpose?
>>
>> What would it take for you to use D instead, or what changes would be
>> needed for you to move from language X to D?
>
> So one year later ? Did you follow the guideline you've individually
> indicated in this topic ?

Lets see, image library got a review thread check, windowing library no,
assembly stuff yup!

For windowing library I'm moving over to SPEW[0][1] for development.

Image library isn't my focus right now, I need to get SPEW up and going
for OpenGL[2] before I go back to that.
The bindings creator is absolutely amazing in that it generates it with
docs! I'm not aware of any bindings like that in any language ;)

I've learned a lot about x86, got a good way into an x86
encoder/decoder. With very good documentation[3].
Currently playing around with a bytecode form.

[0] http://spew.cf/
[1] https://github.com/Devisualization/spew
[2] https://github.com/rikkimax/ogl_gen
[3] http://samples.leanpub.com/alphacodegen-sample.pdf