Crazy, sad but ... would you use D for your own facebook or pinterest?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 3 20:10:30 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 at 11:59:46 UTC, aberba wrote:
> Nice. How fast were you able to get it to a mature state?

About six months to get everything we wanted working well. The
initial core was done in about two (including me writing
necessary D libraries to support it, this was done before vibe.d
was out so I wrote all my own), then we had to add features,
styles, polish, etc. over the next several months.

> I have been prototyping with vibe.d (dub) for sometime now.
>
> This might be obvious but ... compilation and linking slows the
> process... its not much problem though.

My compile+link time at one point hit 15 seconds so I optimized
some templates and got it down to 7. Still kinda slow but not
*that* bad.