It is still not possible to use D on debian/ubuntu

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 4 07:10:48 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 at 00:16:52 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 18:18:33 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> Plus the fix was actually released yesterday, so it's not like
>> I'm lagging by much. The internal meddling nonsense that's
>> going on is none of any user business.
>
> Bug reports are dealt with on Bugzilla, shouldn't be surprising.
> It's also fairly reasonable to ask you to search the Forum and
> Bugzilla for your topic and progress on that before posting a
> rant.

I understand this is frustrating to see users complain about
something when it looks like it's been fixes ages ago when you
are the nose into it.

But please understand that as far as D goes, if someone like me
is not aware of something, it is fair to assume 99% of the
populace isn't either.

This kind of thing as real effect in the real world. In past Nov,
I saw 2 professional user drop D because of this kind of
problems. These users don't complains and just move on to
something else.