What are you planning, D related, for 2017 ?

solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 4 09:45:36 PST 2017

On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 15:16:31 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Write your plan here, and let's take a rendez-vous next year,
> to check those plans !!

Main plans:
  - Finish the 0.9.1 version of my graphics engine. I have to
finish the new collision detection algorithm that uses a bitarray
instead of testing for transparency, also I will rearrange
certain stuff for better readability. (also I'll finally make use
of git to compile the main library and the editor)
  - Use said engine as my thesis if I can find a consultant in
time (if not I'll do something else)
  - Finish the editor
  - Make use of the parallelism for rendering
  - Make a game in it (either a Touhou fan game or a game
featuring our mascot, Dlangman)

Other plans:
  - Try to implement a custom shader that would do the fixed-point
rendering on the GPU via alpha-blending onto a texture and taking
care of the CLUT (currently done by the CPU via SSE2 and the
in-line assembler)
  - Either implement a pre-existing language for AI and scripting
(eg. Lisp) or write a new one based on D. Current plan for the
latter is an ECMAScript and Prolog influenced language for
general-purpose and AI programming, which either can be run from
the source code or from a byte-code. This could be used in other
projects too.