D in MPLAB FOR PIC32

Ignacious via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 6 08:07:38 PST 2017

On Friday, 6 January 2017 at 15:47:21 UTC, Igor Myronov wrote:
> Hi there comunity !!!
> Im an beginner in programming MCU ,but i'm already programming
> in D and also here im an absolute beginner.
> So ,my question is :
> Is possible to program in D micro*-controllers like the PIC32 ?
> Thanks to all.

It would be nice, but I seriously doubt it. There used to be a
c++ compiler for the PIC16/24 that worked well but was
discontinued. There are, of course, C compilers so maybe there is
a way to hijack the toolset to do it(IIRC they convert the c (to
obj) to assembly then run the assembler on that to create the
binary http://www.microchip.com/forums/m793665.aspx)

If that is the case, then maybe D could used somehow. I doubt it
though, probably require adding the pic instruction set to the D
compiler.