Seemingly patternless optlink premature termination

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 8 23:05:27 PST 2017

On 1/8/2017 6:34 PM, Jerry wrote:
> There's more, just the bugs are so obscure the people filing the bugs don't know
> that the problem lies with Optlink. There's problems with shared libraries not
> being loaded and unloaded properly. Random crashes during runtime, more often
> crashes when a debugger is attached. Some more that I ran into as well before I
> switched away from optlink. What point is there to report these bugs though,

If you don't report bugs, they are guaranteed to not get fixed. There's nothing
anyone can do with the statement you made.

>> If you know of unreported issues with Optlink, please report them to bugzilla.
> To what end?

Complaining that somebody didn't fix problems neither you nor anyone else
reported is not very sporting.

> There isn't even an Optlink specific bug list.

I found the list I posted by searching bugzilla for "optlink". If there are any
I missed, please let me know.