It is still not possible to use D on debian/ubuntu

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 10 16:33:41 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 at 15:10:48 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 at 00:16:52 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> On Monday, 2 January 2017 at 18:18:33 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>>> Plus the fix was actually released yesterday, so it's not
>>> like I'm lagging by much. The internal meddling nonsense
>>> that's going on is none of any user business.
>>
>> Bug reports are dealt with on Bugzilla, shouldn't be
>> surprising.
>> It's also fairly reasonable to ask you to search the Forum and
>> Bugzilla for your topic and progress on that before posting a
>> rant.
>
> I understand this is frustrating to see users complain about
> something when it looks like it's been fixes ages ago when you
> are the nose into it.

No, that's understandable. Also the reason why we started to have
regular public plannings on D.internals, to make our priorities
more transparent and have a place where important topics can be
raised.
Just firefighting and hopping from rant to rant is horribly
unfocused and an inefficient prioritization strategy.

Even if communication and professionalism is not yet where we
want it to be, sentences like

> But it is not clear if anyone cares at this stage.

are rather frustrating to read.