libgmp deimos library

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 11 05:39:25 PST 2017

On 2017-01-11 13:33, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:

> I'm not at all an expert on D bindings, I found the following links:
> - This page explains the procedure: http://wiki.dlang.org/D_binding_for_C
> - But this one too: http://dlang.org/spec/interfaceToC.html
> - This page seems out of date: https://wiki.dlang.org/Bindings.
> - And most bindings are discoverable through
> https://code.dlang.org/?sort=updated&category=library.binding
>
> The old way seems to gather all bindings under
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos.
> The new way seems to use https://code.dlang.org/.
>
> Is someone aware of an official position on this?

Nothing official but I would say:

* Use DStep [1] to generate the bindings automatically

* Use code.dlang.org instead of Deimos. On code.dlang.org you can have
your own repository and don't need to be dependent on someone from the
core team to merge pull requests. Anything on code.dlang.org will be
easily accessible to other projects using Dub

[1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

--
/Jacob Carlborg