Gui in D: I miss this project

Sai via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 11 07:33:36 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 09:17:45 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 07:21:22 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
>> On Monday, 9 January 2017 at 21:41:37 UTC, aberba wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> No drag, DLangUI is quite fine and usable (and already being
>> used in industry).
>> Or are you talking about including it into Phobos? That's not
>> the best idea, it would make Phobos unnecessary fat and
>> involve some dependencies complicating things, besides there
>> is never a consensus regarding a GUI library, trying to
>> include any GUI library is a recipe for eternal flamewar about
>> all the different aspects of what GUI library should be and do.
>> If you need some GUI, DLangUI is just a "dub build" away.
>
> I'm worried about it not becoming abandoned.

I guess this is a risk with any free SW, the risk of it getting
abandoned. Unless someone is willing to pay money for support
contracts, which is not possible for hobbyists like me. Nor can I
support it myself as I am not an expert in that field.

After suffering from this couple of times, I now tend to prefer
SW from big corporations which hopefully will be supported for
few years or SW from communities which are large enough to pick
things up when things are abandoned.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, just thinking out loud.