Gui in D: I miss this project

lobo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 11 23:43:18 PST 2017

On Thursday, 12 January 2017 at 07:24:43 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 15:33:36 UTC, Sai wrote:

> After all, when someone wants a cross platform D GUI library,
> the ONLY current usable choice is DLangUI.

I disagree. There is no need for a pure D GUI library. It is a
lot of work for little value and we'd be better off with improved
C++ interop first.

I have several cross platform projects in industry now running on
GtkD. It works out of the box on Linux and was trivial to get
going on Windows and Mac. It is built on a stable base and has a
D api that is easy to use.

GtkD could use some more hands to really improve the D experience
so I'd argue that project would be better suited to immediate D
foundation support (after C++ interop of course).

bye,
lobo