GNU License warning:

Ignacious via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 13 07:19:57 PST 2017

On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 06:37:42 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 02:25:03 UTC, Ignacious wrote:
>> On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 01:27:02 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> That makes no sense(it's obvious by the definition of
>> derivative so you are not saying anything meaningful/useful).
>> Obviously if you build an independent work you are free to
>> chose a license and no one building any work off of yours or
>> not can cause you problems.
>>
>> [...]
>
> I agree with you that the GPL is badly written, but we mostly
> don't use it, basically only for the gdc compiler itself, so
> not a big deal here.

Yes, but D uses mostly bindings and if any of those bindings use
it then It effects the D program that uses it. Since many of the
bindings are written in C/C++ one can expect that many of them
use the GPL license.

The boost license seems acceptable but who knows? Look how many
were "swindled" by GPL.