What about an identifier that is an mixin

André Puel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 13 17:28:51 PST 2017

On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 23:13:43 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 22:12:55 UTC, André Puel wrote:
>>
>> Could you elaborate on why you consider it important to be
>> able to tell when you use mixin and when not?
>
> because it is something really different, so it is nice to know
> when you call something and when you mixin some code into
> curent scope.

Yes, please, elaborate on that. Why is it really different? What
are your thoughts on C macros?

> Btw. I was on a same side as you are now (I am still in some
> way, I would prefer some shortcuts)
>
>> In D, you don't know if a member is a function call or an
>> attribute when you access it without parenthesis:
>>
>>     myObj.a; //Is it a function call or an attribute?
>>

> Not completly true:
>
> class MyClass
> {
>     int a;
>     void b() {}
> }
>
> void main()
> {
>     auto myObj = new MyClass;
>     myObj.a; // this does not compile
>     myObj.b;
> }

I meant the property pattern. You access an attribute and it
could be a direct access in the memory or it could be a request
to a remote database. One happens instantly, the other got a lot
of complex things in the way. You could even get a thrown
exception by just accessing an "attribute".