Why not promoting team work?

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 13 18:41:00 PST 2017

The only way to get qualified to do these tasks like GUI toolkits is by
doing. Keep this in mind.

As somebody who does indeed do implement multiple libraries at one time
you're looking at it the wrong way. I switch between projects over
periods that last for years not days or weeks. The point there of course
is to prevent burn out and to enjoy what I'm working on at all times.

I may have plenty of libraries under the Devisualization name space as
well as e.g. Cmsed that I no longer maintain. But it wasn't because of
lack of skills in the subject area, it was simply the wrong direction
for an implementation and I could not determine this ahead of time.
Eventually I will come back to them and implement them properly such as
what I'm now doing with SPEW[0].

What this says about the community is that we give things a go. No
matter how hard it is. We try, sometimes we fail and that is ok.

If there is a specific project you like, give a shout out! Seriously, it
helps to tell us where our efforts are most appreciated.

[0] http://spew.cf