Why not promoting team work?

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 13 20:21:07 PST 2017

I tend to see projects in one of three states:

1. It doesn't exist.
2. It exists, but the last update was six months ago and it's broken.
3. It exists, does what I want, and I can use it with at most small
workarounds.

If it doesn't exist, I have to make it myself.

If it's broken and apparently unmaintained, I have no one to collaborate
with. I might fork the project or implement my own.

If it already does what I want, I don't need to collaborate. I can (and
sometimes do) work with upstream maintainers to add small features that I
would like or to fix bugs.