How do we make dub more useful?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 14 03:02:51 PST 2017

There were two recent posts by a new Rust user about how he's
finding that language, that got a lot of attention on their
reddit.  In the latter post, he mentions D as a competitor:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7303

Worth reading because we have similar issues with the dub
registry, that Sönke is starting to grappling with:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/o4mi9d$14po$1@digitalmars.com

I really like the filtering now at the top of the package
registry at http://code.dlang.org, allowing you to drill down on
the kind of package you're looking for.  However, I notice that
100+ packages are not in the application or library list, as the
totals from those two top-level categories don't add up to the
reported uncategorized total.

It would be good if registered users could add ratings and
reviews too, similar to mobile app stores, as where else can we
publicly share our opinions about a particular package?  Those
would make good feedback for package authors too.