mysql user definde functions (UDF) in D

crimaniak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 14 07:20:19 PST 2017

On Friday, 13 January 2017 at 12:30:51 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:

> My thought was that the main benefit of using the DB engine to
> do the layout rendering, would be that you do not need to
> convert db values to serialized data, and than convert them to
> values before you convert them to stings again.
I think, MySQL binary protocol is very efficient. In any case,
first it need to check how much it costs, else it will be classic
premature optimization.

> Now I will try to use vibe.d as a service layer between rails
> and mysql,
> to do some time consuming rendering of partials.
  The most correct approach, I think. 👍 In the style of
microservices. Testable, interchangeable, scalable.