Got the official feedback for my GDC Europe talk

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 21 10:33:49 PST 2017

On Saturday, 21 January 2017 at 16:32:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Congratulations, that looks like a very good performance! Could
> you please explain a bit how the Google Slides feature you
> mentioned works? -- Andrei

The core functionality is that a web link is provided that allows
people to enter questions. Visitors to this web link can also
upvote questions they want to see answered. These questions show
up on the secondary window used by the speaker to control the
presentation. At any time, the speaker can click on a question
and the slides being displayed will be replaced by the question.
Another click and you've either selected another question; or
you're back to the presentation.

There's a few implementation details to keep in mind. It requires
the presentation monitor to be a separate display to your laptop
monitor etc. The default rendering actually shrinks your
presentation so that it can display that web link at the top of
the presentation - which I decided was rubbish so I installed
Stylebot on Chrome and altered the CSS to keep the presentation
at full size but overlay the question link (which requires you to
keep blank space at the top of your presentation)

Question sessions also keep their history for later review.

The part that works out very well is that it forces people to
keep their questions short and to the point; and since it's a
vote system you don't end up spending a ton of time on questions
that only one or two people in the audience are interested in.