CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 22 23:57:35 PST 2017

I just fixed a bug related to the unsupported floating point.
~master phobos compiles again and runs the unit-tests.

I will probably have to spent the rest of the month with fixing
bugs that function-call support has uncovered.

Since now newCTFE sees much more code before bailing out.

I have also determined the cause of most of the miscompiled code.
The cause is the incorrect treatment of utf8.
(currently the evaluator really just does (dchar c= (_c & 7f))
which leads to corrupted strings in mixins;
and that has pretty crazy effects.

It was very hard to find this.