Gui in D: I miss this project

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 23 08:01:55 PST 2017

On Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 07:39:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> If I'm looking for a new type of application I'll dismiss those
> that don't look native very quickly. Unless I know beforehand
> that the application is very good, then I'll give it some more
> time.

I think it has more to do with looking well-designed for the
purpose. 3D and audio editors often use non-native custom UI
toolkits. VS Code is also non-native.

But on OSX you have to use the OSX-menu and put extra effort into
the design if you use non-native widgets IMO.

Also, make sure it isn't sluggish. Java apps often has that extra
GC sluggishness to them, even the polished JetBrains IDEs feel a
bit sluggish.