CTFE Status

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 23 18:26:52 PST 2017

On Monday, 23 January 2017 at 22:09:27 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On Monday, 23 January 2017 at 17:42:00 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> interpret3.d passes!!!
>>
>> The only remaining issues that cause miscompiled code are
>> UTF(8/16/32) encoding and decoding issues.
>
> Is that without bailing out?
>
>  — David

No I still bail a lot :).
And I will be for some time, until I have written a
memory-manager and various other runtime-libarary equivalents
which are required for CTFE.

As well as my own soft-floating point library to ensure proper
output during cross-compilation.

However this is an important milestone because it can now
magically speed up a subset of ctfe without breaking things...
modulo bugs not covered by the unittests.