A mini D book: Markdown or LaTeX?

Chris Wright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 24 18:06:51 PST 2017

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:27:15 +0000, aberba wrote:

> Which one works well? I'm more concerned about syntax highlighting and
> line numbering (in some cases). Support for custom fonts.

Markdown produces HTML. You can use any tool that works with HTML to
modify its output.

If you intend to publish the book, then you should probably find out what
your publisher needs. You can use anything you want until you send it to
the publisher, obviously, but there's good odds they'll want to use Word
with comments and change tracking.

I currently use Subtex for most of my writing, but I'm not trying to
publish:
https://github.com/dhasenan/subtex

It's probably not appropriate for what you're doing.