A mini D book: Markdown or LaTeX?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 25 03:55:45 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 10:57:41 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> Asciidoc (and it's continuation Asciidoctor) was invented to be
> a human usable front end to the DocBook/XML toolchain – and it
> still works for this. Humans should not have to write XML.
> Hence Asciidoctor.

I might look into Asciidoc at some point then. There are decent
grammar-directed XML editors out there, and plain XML is ok too
in my opinion. As you mentioned OpenOffice also has some support
for docbook filters.

Another option is to do your own XML based off HTML5 if HTML is a
primary target.