A mini D book: Markdown or LaTeX?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 25 08:29:18 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 14:51:58 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 14:37:31 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>>
>> I see. You were referring to the original Markdown
>> specification, which does not have those features. There are
>> many extensions, though, like https://bookdown.org/
>
> Nice. How does "bookdown" or any other extension fare regarding
> fine grained layout control à la LaTeX?

It is a layer on top of Pandoc with useful extensions for
creating books. Pandoc allows you to add arbitrary LaTeX code to
the document, so AFAIK, you should be able to do anything you can
do with LaTeX. Most of that would be handled with modifications
to the .latex template or with a yaml section at the top of the
document.