Aerospike wrapper/driver for vibe.d ?

Rico Decho via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 28 01:15:31 PST 2017

I'm new to the D language, but I really enjoy its execution speed
and ease of programming, and I'd like to implement the web server
of my next project in D instead of C++ or Go.

Unfortunately my server needs to communicate with an Aerospike
database (an ultra-fast open-source distributed database).

Aerospike provides a client API for plenty of languages (C, C++,
Go, JS, Ruby, Python, etc) but unfortunately not for D.

So I'd like to know if anybody has already begun to build a
wrapper around Aerospike's C API, preferably one that
automatically converts class fields to record bins (and
inversely).

I'm trying to implement this by myself, but honestly it's not
easy for a newcomer like me...

That's really sad, because IMHO, this driver could definitely
help D in becoming THE mainstream language for high-performance
web servers, outperforming even C++ and Go, as obviously the
Dlang/Aerospike combination feels really optimal for this kind of
development.