Master thesis

Dgame via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 1 01:48:19 PDT 2017

Hi there. I hope that is the right place for this topic.
I'm currently writing my master thesis and just like in my
bachelor thesis, D will play a significant role in my master
thesis. My thesis will discuss the impact of software engineering
concepts of security-oriented programming languages on software
development with a focus on the effects on software design /
design patterns and specifically software architecture. As said,
D will be one of the few secure programming languages which I
will present. Others will be Rust & Ada and on the other side
C/C++ will be one example of the many unsecure programming
languages. That as a short introduction of the purpose of my
master thesis and what I intend to do in the next six months.
Currently, I'm collecting links, literature and other stuff on
that topic. But I thought that maybe some of you know more about
that and can give me hints, links or maybe even real live
experience/examples. That would be really kind of you. :)

For example:
Which impact would have D on the software-architecture, if it
would be choosen for a 2D game instead of C/C++?
The 2D game is my choosen case example since I programmed small
games on gamejams in C/C++ and D, until two years ago. Of course,
any architecture regarding that topic is of interest.

Have you already made such experience or do you know people who
have and maybe even wrote articles about?

Many thanks in advance!