Phobos PR in need of review/merge

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 3 07:01:23 PDT 2017

On Sunday, July 02, 2017 00:04:40 H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 01:56:22AM +0000, Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 01:35:31 UTC, Meta wrote:
> > > On this topic, I feel like we've been falling behind lately in
> > > responding to PRs promptly, communicating with submitters on what
> > > changes (if any) are needed to get the PR into merge shape, and
> > > actually getting stuff merged (this isn't anything new of course). I
> > > don't have the data to back me up yet, but I am going to try to
> > > gather what I can and make a post about it sometime within the next
> > > month. Any ideas or insights are welcome.
> > >
> > > 1. https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5515
> >
> > This is particularly my fault. I haven't been reviewing PRs nearly as
> > much as I was in the past.
>
> I don't think it's specifically your fault... I think we're just short
> of hands on team Phobos.  I used to do a lot more reviewing / merging
> too, but this past year I've been unable to because
[...]

I think that that's the story for a number of us. Several years ago, I was
reviewing and merging more PRs than anyone, but the past couple of years,
I've done relatively little reviewing. I just have a hard time finding time
to spend on this sort of thing. And this year, the time since dconf has been
particularly bad for me. Some of us do need to find a way to spend more time
on this sort of thing, but overall, we simply need more qualified people who
have the time and inclination to review PRs. Too often, the qualified folks
with the time to do it don't continue to have the that kind of time.

- Jonathan M Davis