VSCode plugins

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 4 19:29:52 PDT 2017

On 4 July 2017 at 23:27, Wulfklaue via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 4 July 2017 at 04:49:29 UTC, Manu wrote:
>
>> I've been using code-d for a while, and it generally works well. I've
>> also noticed there's another plugin available, which at the time I first
>> looked, appeared to be older and less-featured than code-d.
>>

> dlang-vscode.dlang seems to be more alive at pure minimum. Webfreak his
> code-d is more up to date and more easy to install. Well, months ago it was
> my impression.
>
> The issue is sometimes some plugin authors take breaks. And sometimes the
> latest versions of D break something, making it impossible for the plugins
> to compile the dependencies. So its better the have choice then.
>
> Is it better to have one plugin where both authors work upon. Yes. Will it
> happen: Probably not.

Right, and this is why I'm trying to make a plea to the respective authors;
please consider merging the projects. The situation is bad. If the only
meaningful factor keeping these things separate is ego, then it's
objectively bad for the community.