D for mobile development

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 7 00:29:40 PDT 2017

In a few days I will try to develop a small mobile application
for iOS and Android.

At first I wanted to implement it in D, but I quickly came to the
conclusion that this actually wasn't an option.

Now I'm in the process of trying both Dart and Haxe.

Both allow to implement the server and the mobile application.

https://www.slant.co/versus/383/1543/~dart_vs_kotlin

"The most important reason people chose Dart is: Dart includes a
truly comprehensive core library, making it unnecessary to
include disparate, external resources for basic functionalities
Other than reducing the need to pull in various 3rd-party
utilities this also ensures that all Dart code looks and feels
the same."

https://www.slant.co/versus/383/381/~dart_vs_haxe

"The most important reason people chose Haxe is: Haxe allows you
to develop for Web, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows, OSX, Linux
and others, all at once, without the need to switch languages and
maintain separate code bases. This is possible because Haxe can
compile to JavaScript, ActionScript, Flash AVM bytecode, C++,
Neko, PHP, C# (.NET) and Java. Support for even more platforms
and languages is under development."

That makes me sad and angry, because after a few experiments I
can already say the both languages are WAY behind D, and feel
very limited and primitive compared to D.

But they indeed get the job done for web server and connected
mobile application development.

Another proof that money and corporate support is what D is
severely lacking of...