D for mobile development

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 7 03:28:06 PDT 2017

On Friday, 7 July 2017 at 10:00:10 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> My impression was that Android is more or less solved these
> days:
>
> https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

Yes, try it out.  We're currently looking at merging the last
change so Android cross-compilation support ships with the
official ldc releases.  You have to use the linked betas for now.

Another issue is that there's no touch GUI written in D that I
know of (DlangUI has been built for Android, but I think it's
meant for mouse input:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/cdekkumjynhqoxvmgjze@forum.dlang.org), though you could go the more traditional route of writing the GUI in Java and the core logic in D, interfacing the two through JNI.

> iOS development seems like it has stalled since the start of
> this year, which is quite sad. Maybe someone knows the status
> of this?
>
> https://github.com/smolt/ldc/commits/a0201e4c1711e38ce62a5008e51f246c8d301b0c

Dan has been looking for someone to take over the iOS port, which
he hasn't had time for.