Vibe.d - very low performance

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 7 14:43:21 PDT 2017

Am 07.07.2017 um 21:27 schrieb FoxyBrown:
> On Thursday, 6 July 2017 at 10:57:31 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> Am 06.07.2017 um 09:27 schrieb Marek:
>>> https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r14&hw=ph&test=plaintext
>>>

>>> C++, Java and Go frameworks have very high performance. Vibe.d is
>>> supposed to have similar performance, but in fact vibe.d performance
>>> is very low. Why?
>>
>> This is a scalability issue, which should hopefully be fixed with
>> 0.8.0. I'll open a PR once that is out. Basically with the version
>> that was used in the last benchmark round, it didn't scale at all, and
>> they use a server with many cores (40 + hyperthreading).
>
> So you are saying that will solve the nearly 200x factor from the top?
> At least get it in the top 20?

There are more factors involved, but just based on this I would expect a
factor of around x50 (~>800k/s). The 15k/s is very low even for a single
core, though, and it's very possible that the factor will be
considerably larger. However, this is hard to predict, as I currently
don't have access to similar hardware to test this on.