proposed @noreturn attribute

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 8 10:14:32 PDT 2017

On 07/08/2017 08:20 AM, Stefan Koch wrote:
> ... since it's going to be special cased by the compiler we might as
> well hardwire a type called none.

Walter and I have repeated experience with moving compiler smarts into
library artifacts. Sometimes it's arguably not the best way to go, but
in the majority of cases it's been beneficial for both the language and
the compiler implementation.

> Although it seems to be that the scope of no-return is extremely narrow.
> Because we do have precisely builtin assert(0).

What is the signature of a function that logs something to a file and
ends in assert(0)?

Andrei