Why is phobos so wack?

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 9 10:07:16 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 13:26:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> strip is used by Python and Ruby too... of the languages i
> know, it is about half a half.
>
> BTW if you are ever searching, try my website:
> http://dpldocs.info/trim

I find this part of D very annoying as well.

D looks like a C language, with a standard library written by a
PHP/Python developer. It's a shame for a language with so much
potential to fall victim to such bad taste =x

I suppose I'm biased, and PHP/Python have a fair following, but
after a few years of PHP coding (part time as part of a larger
project) I'm not sure I will ever make a full psychological
recovery..