Types: The Next Generation (Was: Why is phobos so wack?)

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 9 15:02:51 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 21:59:04 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 20:42:39 UTC, Meta wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry if I misunderstood what you're proposing, but isn't
>> this exactly what C++ set out to do with concepts? If that's
>> the case, I'd recommend you look up some of Andrei's
>> refutation of concepts in favour of template guards and
>> `static if`.
>
> Shit, I hope not :/ I gave up following C++ developments 15
> years ago. Happen to have a link handy to that refutation?

There's a couple posts he's made here but a lot of it's spread
out across various talks, articles (I think) as well as newsgroup
posts. Here's what I found with a quick google:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/4jqg5z/andrei_alexandrescu_on_c_concepts/
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/4jlkhv/accu_2016_keynote_by_andrei_alexandrescu/d391585/

And there's a ton of info on the internet about the C++ concepts
proposal.