Types: The Next Generation (Was: Why is phobos so wack?)

bpr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 10 08:58:59 PDT 2017

On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 01:21:08 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Ah, I guess it is very similar after all, except it'd be based
> on top of and coexist with all of D's design by introspection
> stuff (rather than exist without it as with C++), thus avoiding
> a lot of the downsides and getting best of both worlds.

You've seen this, right?

https://wiki.dlang.org/User:9rnsr/DIP:_Template_Parameter_Constraint

A small step in one such direction, influenced by C++ concepts.
That proto-DIP also raises a question I always had about why D
doesn't allow chained template instantiation, but that's another
DIP for another time.