Phobos PR in need of review/merge

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 11 11:18:12 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 9 July 2017 at 23:05:05 UTC, Seb wrote:
> On Saturday, 8 July 2017 at 06:05:54 UTC, Meta wrote:
>> I thought I'd let everyone know that there has been a whopping
>> 36 PRs merged in the past week (versus 17 opened). We're now
>> sitting at 114 open Phobos PRs. Thanks to the
>> reviewers/mergers who put in the effort to get that number
>> down.
>
> Btw _every_ helping hand in reviewing PRs is very welcome.
> It's not very difficult and usually just a "I reviewed this PR
> and it LGTM" helps to bump the priority.
> Otherwise of course, the author should be notified about
> existing blocking points in his PR.

Yes, 100%. Even if you feel like you don't have the "authority"
to review a PR, do it anyway. Even if you don't have merge
privileges, the more eyes there are on a PR the larger the chance
of somebody seeing something and pointing it out. It also makes
it easier for people who *do* have merge privileges if they see
that it's already been looked over by a few different people.

> Since a couple of months, GitHub allows to list all PRs that
> haven't received a review (yet):
>
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pulls?page=3&q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+review%3Anone
>
> Also, you can filter out labelled PRs, e.g. all PRs except
> those that depend on work from the submitter:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20review%3Anone%20is%3Aopen%20-label%3A%22needs%20work%22%20
>
> The "needs work" label gets automatically removed on a new push.

Thanks for getting some more sophisticated automated stuff set
up. The more small things we can offload onto machines who don't
mind the tedium and don't forget, the better.