D easily overlooked?

Wulfklaue via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 01:57:17 PDT 2017

https://blog.sourced.tech/post/language_migrations/

A recent article where github programming languages popularity
and migration got analysed was very interesting but it showed one
noticeable thing:

A total lack of D even mentioned!!!

When looking at other language ranking sites, D always scores
better then Rust. Yet, Rust gets included in the ranking but D is
... nowhere to be seen. It gets even a bit annoying when its
always Rust, Rust, Rust ... that keeps popping up. Seen it more
and more how Rust is simply trampling over any D messaging.

D... It really has no very unique feature that makes it
noticeable.

* No Galactic overlord ( C#, Go, ... )
* no GC language that people can push until people there ears
bleed ( Rust)
* no really unique features that people care about to set it
aside from C/C++, ...
* It has the kitchen and sink but nobody talk about the kitchen
and sink.

I know people will jump onboard and start yelling how D has very
unique features but from the "outside world" its always the same
response. While more people are downloading D and trying it out,
i barely see any independent D language blogs.

Not to be a downer but D really in my eyes is missing that
"unique" feature that people care about, that allows people to
blog about the language...